I had fairly mild cases of Shingles twice before, but this stronger bout of Shingles is teaching me a few things about Shingles:
- It can cover a lot of the chest and back (not just a spot or two, but quite a few spots).
- It can spread to the face.
- It hurts to wear clothes over the Shingles area – like wearing winter clothing on a severe sunburn.
- The infected areas feel like I pulled muscles in those areas, so in addition to having a sunburn it feels like I pulled something in my back, chest and arm.
- It hurts to style my hair (literally, running my hand through my hair hurts my head).
- There are random shooting pains (like someone is stabbing a knife) at random spots in my body that last for a few minutes or more, move to another spot, then return again. The worst of these is in my ear, which makes me wince involuntarily.
- I am sweating profusely. I literally had sweat dripping from my ear just from standing for 15 minutes.
- I want to sleep.
- After 8 days, it is still going strong (the blisters have stopped growing and spreading but otherwise 8 days in I still feel the same I did on Day 1).
On the plus side, I always have aches and pains and fatigue, so in some ways Shingles impacts me less that way than it otherwise would.